Before you freeze eggplants for the winter, you should decide what vegetables will be used for later. According to the recipe with the photo, we prepare a semi-finished product for various puff casseroles. If in winter we will cook sauté or stew from vegetables, it is better to chop raw eggplant into cubes.
Type of kitchen:
Method of preparation:
- eggplant in any quantity;
The recipe for cooking at home
It is possible to harvest in this way any varieties. Preference should be given to light eggplant hybrids, they do not have solanine, which gives the vegetable a wormwood taste.
- We wash the vegetables under the tap, remove the stalk.
- Dry with a napkin or a kitchen towel, cut it with a sharp knife into circles, 1 cm thick.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and let the billet stand for a while.
- After 30 minutes, wash the pieces, put them on a thick cloth so that excess fluid is absorbed.
- In a large pan, boil water, put the eggplant in a colander in small portions.
- We lower the container with circles for several minutes in boiling water and immediately transfer it to a bowl with ice. Or we keep a colander under a stream of cold water.
- Again, lay out the pieces on a terry towel.
- As soon as moisture is absorbed into the fabric, we place eggplants in one layer on the kitchen board.
- We send vegetables to the freezer.
- We wait until the little blue ones become completely solid, pour into a bag with a ziplock.
You can store such a blank in the freezer from 4 to 6 months. Thawing eggplants frozen at home is not necessary before cooking.
Pickled crab sticks: recipe with photo
Pickled green tomatoes in jars, like barrel: recipe