Before freezing zucchini for the winter at home, you need to correctly plan what the workpiece will be used for. The recipe with the photo tells about ice mugs of vegetables for stews or caviar.
Method of preparation:
- zucchini of any kind - golden, mushroom or zucchini.
The recipe for cooking at home
In the same way, you can prepare broccoli, asparagus beans or cauliflower.
- We wash the vegetables, cut off the tips on both sides.
- We dry the squash with a napkin or a kitchen towel and cut into circles or cubes, a thickness of not more than 1 cm.
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Pour ice into a large bowl and fill it with cold water.
- In small batches, we lower the harvested vegetables from boiling water, cook until half cooked.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the zucchini from hot water, send it to a bowl with ice cubes.
- Once cooled, we take out a spoon with holes and put it in one layer on a towel.
- We place the slightly dried-up workpieces evenly on the kitchen board, and send them to the chamber.
- As soon as all the pieces become hard, pour them into a ziplock bag.
- We release air from the packaging and fasten it.
- We send back to the freezer for storage.
If in the future we will cook pastries with zucchini, before blanching they should be grated on a coarse grater and dipped in hot or icy water in a colander.
Pickled crab sticks: recipe with photo
Pickled green tomatoes in jars, like barrel: recipe