This is the easiest homemade cottage cheese cake recipe. Despite the simple set of products and the speed of preparation, the cake will turn out to be very tasty, delicate, with a pleasant curd aroma.
Curd dough for cake:
- 450 gr. Flour
- 250-300 gr cottage cheese
- 200 city sahara
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp soda (slaked vinegar)
Custard for a simple curd cake:
- 850-900 ml milk
- 350 city sahara
- 4 eggs
- 100 g butter
- 1 small lemon (zest)
- 4 tbsp flour
- 10 gr vanilla sugar
+ walnuts, cocoa powder for decoration
The recipe for cooking at home
- Cottage cheese, if desired, can be wiped through a sieve. Then beat an egg into it, add sugar and thoroughly crush with a potato masher (you can beat with a mixer). Quench soda with a few drops of vinegar and mix in the curd mass.
- Leave the curd mass for half an hour at room temperature. Then mix the flour and knead the soft dough. Wrap it with cling film and refrigerate. Curd dough for the cake should be aged in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours, better - 6-8.
- After the specified time, remove it from the refrigerator and divide into equal parts 6, roll balls from them. Transfer 5 balls back to the bowl and refrigerate. Preheat the oven to 180С, cover the baking sheet with parchment paper or sprinkle with flour.
- Roll the dough ball into a thin round cake about 5 mm thick. Put it on a baking sheet, prick it in several places with a fork and send the baking sheet to the preheated oven.
- Bake the curd cake for the cake for about 5-7 minutes until golden. Meanwhile, remove the second ball of dough from the refrigerator and roll it into a round layer. Take out the baking sheet, transfer the cake to the wire rack and leave to cool.
- On the baking sheet, put the rolled out second part of the dough and send to bake. Roll out the next cake, and at the first, trim the edges with a knife (just attach a round shape or plate of a suitable size to it and cut off the excess).
- Thus bake all 6 cake layers for a simple curd cake. Fold all the cakes in a pile and leave to cool. Meanwhile, prepare custard for the curd cake.
- Pour milk into a saucepan and put on fire. Beat eggs in a bowl, add half the sugar and beat with a fork until smooth. Then add flour to the egg mixture. When the milk becomes hot, add the remaining sugar to it and stir.
- As soon as the milk boils, reduce the heat and pour into it, stirring, the egg mixture. Boil custard until lightly thickened for 2-3 minutes, stirring. Ready cream should be as thick as sour cream of medium fat content.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool for 10-15 minutes. At the same time, stir the cream as often as possible so that it does not become covered with a film on top. Remove the butter from the refrigerator and leave it warm for 10 minutes. Add oil to the warm cream and stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Wash the lemon thoroughly and remove a thin layer of zest from it, grate it on a fine grater. Mix the zest with the cream and beat it with a mixer for 2-3 minutes until splendid. Peel the nuts, fry them in a dry frying pan until a pleasant aroma appears and grind them (just walk on them with a rolling pin).
- Put the curd cake for the cake on the dish, grease it with cream. Cover with a second cake and grease with cream. Thus, fold the entire cake, grease its surface and sides with the remaining cream. Each layer can be sprinkled with chopped nuts.
- Decorate the surface of the cake with walnuts, crushed scraps of cake and send to the refrigerator. A simple curd cake should be infused in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- After the specified time, you can remove the homemade cake from the refrigerator, garnish with a pinch of cocoa powder and cut into portions. Have a nice tea party!
A healthy carrot cake with a bright hint of strawberries
Cake Count ruins: a classic recipe with photos step by step
Cake Prague: recipe with photo step by step at home (classic)
DIY do-it-yourself mastic cake