Very tasty, albeit rather laborious, layered cake with condensed milk, cottage cheese and ripe strawberries. This cake will be remembered for a long time by your relatives and guests, you have never tried this before!
Type of kitchen:
Dough for puff cake:
- about 600 gr flour
- 350 ml cream 10%
- 200 city sahara
- 1 egg
- half a tsp salt
Cream for cake:
- 800 ml of milk
- 450 gr fresh or thawed strawberries
- 400 condensed milk
- 300 gr cottage cheese to 5% fat
- 120 city sahara
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of vanillin
The recipe for cooking at home
- It is advisable to cook condensed milk a few days before making the cake. In order to boil condensed milk, you need to fill the jar in a pan with cold water and put on fire. Boil it at low boil for about 2 hours. All this time, the water should completely cover the jar, so if necessary, pour boiling water into the pan.
- Sift flour through a sieve on a table or in a large bowl. Beat the egg with a mixer until fluffy and pour sugar in a thin stream, beat for 5-7 minutes more at high speeds.
- Heat the cream over low heat to a hot temperature and pour in a thin stream into the egg mass, without ceasing to beat it with a mixer. Gradually add flour to the resulting creamy mass and knead a very soft dough. Cover it with a light towel or film and leave for an hour.
- In a separate bowl, mix raw eggs with flour and sugar, knead with a whisk until smooth. Pour milk into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Immediately remove the pan from the heat and pour boiling milk and egg-flour mixture in a thin stream, quickly stirring it with a whisk.
- Pour the cream into a saucepan and put on medium or low heat, cook the cream for a couple of minutes with a slight boil with constant stirring until slightly thickened. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and leave to cool completely.
- Rub the cottage cheese through a sieve and beat together with boiled condensed milk until a homogeneous consistency. Preheat the oven to 180 / 200С, sprinkle a baking sheet with flour. Divide the dough into 12 equal slices, roll balls out of them and cover with a light towel.
- Each ball is rolled into a round cake one by one about 22 cm in diameter, trimmed with a suitable baking dish (put the dough trimmers on a separate plate).
- Chop the rolled dough with a fork in several places, gently transfer to a baking sheet and send minutes to the oven on the 3-4. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, transfer the cake to a napkin or a towel, transfer the new rolled circle of dough to the baking sheet and bake it until cooked.
- Thus, bake cakes from the remaining pieces of dough and stack them in a stack on top of each other. Bake dough scraps at the same temperature until golden brown, remove and cool, then chop with a rolling pin or blender.
- Sort strawberries, rinse and cut into small slices, send for 15 minutes to the freezer (if you use frozen berries, you can not completely thaw them and cut them into pieces).
- Add the cooled custard on a spoon to the curd cream with condensed milk, whipping the last with a mixer. Beat the cream thoroughly until smooth (consistency should be obtained, as with sour cream).
- Lay the detachable baking dish from the inside with cling film, put the bottom cake and cover it with cream. Cover with a second crust, lay out strawberries (1 / 4 of the total), then the third crust, cover with cream with condensed milk, the fourth crust, cream, fifth crust, grease with cream and lay out strawberries.
- Cover the berries with the sixth cake, cover it with cream, put the seventh cake and grease with cream. Put strawberries again, put the eighth cake, grease with cream, the ninth cake, cream, the tenth cake, cream and the remaining strawberries.
- Cover the berries with cake, brush with the remaining cream and put the last cake. Cover the cake with the edges of the cling film and leave for an hour at room temperature.
- Then put a large plate on top, put 1-1,5 kg bends and put everything in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours (preferably 10-14 hours) for impregnation. Remove the mold from the refrigerator, remove the pressure and unfold the cling film.
- Remove the split ring of the mold, decorate the puff cake to your taste (for example, melted white or milk chocolate and crushed crumbs of dough pieces). Cut the cake in portions and serve. Have a nice tea party!
Cake Count ruins: a classic recipe with photos step by step
Cake Prague: recipe with photo step by step at home (classic)
DIY do-it-yourself mastic cake
Cake Count Ruins cake recipe: at home, with photo step by step