Cake Monastery hut will appeal to everyone, without exception, it is very tender, juicy and moderately sweet. Everyone can cook this famous cake, you just need to follow the recipe.
Type of kitchen:
Method of preparation:
- 800 gr sour cream (+ preferably a thickener bag for cream)
- 675 gr. Flour
- 400 city sahara
- 400 gr cherry jam (without liquid)
- 3 eggs
- 125 gr margarine
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Soda
The recipe for cooking at home
- In a bowl, combine margarine, sugar and honey. Put it in a water bath and heat, stirring, until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove the bowl from the water bath and cool. Add eggs, soda, half lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in flour and mix again. The dough for the cake The monastery hut should be elastic and not stick to your hands. Divide it into 16 equal parts (preferably weighed on a kitchen scale). According to the recipe, it is necessary to divide the dough into 15 parts, but it is better if the 1 tube is in stock.
- Roll out from each part a strip that is short side length of a baking sheet, about 5-6 wide, see. Put the strips on the laid baking sheet (how much will fit), lay the cherry filling on each. Roll the strips into long tubes and pinch the ends of the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 200С, send a baking tray with tubes there. Bake them for about 10 minutes until cooked. In the meantime, roll out and roll up the remaining straws for the cake. Bake them as well as the first batch.
- Allow baking to cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare a cream for the Monastery hut. Beat sour cream with a mixer with sugar until sugar is completely dissolved (if you use a thickener for cream - add it with sugar), add the remaining lemon juice at the end.
- Put the cake this way: put a row of 5 tubes on a flat dish, grease with cream, the next row - 4 tubes, cream, then 3, 2 and 1. Coat each layer with cream.
- Lubricate the surface and sides of the cake with the remaining cream, garnish with chocolate chips, cookie crumbs, crushed nuts or coconut. Before serving, leave the Monastery hut cake for 8-10 hours in a cool place.
- Then cut it into portioned portions and serve with tea or coffee. Enjoy your meal!
A healthy carrot cake with a bright hint of strawberries
Cake Count ruins: a classic recipe with photos step by step
Cake Prague: recipe with photo step by step at home (classic)
DIY do-it-yourself mastic cake