Watermelons ripen in August and September; storing this berry for a long time will not work, as it quickly deteriorates. Therefore, the housewives learned how to make tasty preparations in order to preserve the taste and aroma of watermelon for the whole winter. There are several recipes that help preserve the sweetness of the berry, while giving the workpiece piquancy and aroma.
Method of preparation:
- small watermelon - about 2 kg;
- salt - 1 spoon;
- citric acid - 5 grams;
- black pepper - 6 peas;
- granulated sugar - 2 spoons.
The recipe for cooking at home
Canned Watermelon with Citric Acid
According to this recipe, watermelon for the winter turns out to be fresh, all thanks to citric acid in the composition of the workpiece. It is better to take unripe fruits for this preservation, they will not be too sweet, and will be better combined with marinade.
- We wash the watermelon, and then cut it into small slices.
- There is no need to remove the peel, you can pickle with it.
- In a sterilized jar we put peas of pepper, after which we add berry wedges to the container.
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil and pour the workpiece with boiling water.
- We cover the jars with lids and leave to insist on 25 minutes.
- As soon as the water in the banks cools, we drain the water from the workpieces.
- We bring the liquid to a boil again and refill the watermelon slices, leave for 30 minutes.
- When the water has cooled a second time, pour it back into the pan, pour citric acid, a spoonful of salt and two tablespoons of sugar.
- Bring the marinade to a boil and fill it with berry.
- At this stage, you can tighten the cans with lids, and insulate the workpiece.
For storage, watermelon in the marinade is removed after cooling, it is advisable to put the workpiece in a cool place. The jar should be opened no earlier than two weeks later, during which time the slices will have time to marinate. Such a watermelon turns out refreshing and delicious.
Mackerel sagudai: recipe with photo
Pickled crab sticks: recipe with photo
Pickled green tomatoes in jars, like barrel: recipe